LESNW Principals and Directors Meeting Term 1
The Principals and Directors met at Calvary Lutheran Primary School on Monday the 20th of February. We welcomed our new members:
- Heidi Hansen (Redeemer Lutheran Primary School in Nuriootpa)
- Karen Leese (St John’s Lutheran School in Eudunda)
- Greg Miller (Crossways Lutheran School in Ceduna)
- We also acknowledged Peter Pearse in his role as Acting Principal of Endeavour, which will conclude at the end of Term 1.
This year, the PaD Executive is aiming for reconnection for Principals and Directors. Each meeting, including retreat, will have the same elements: spiritual focus; LESNW business; structured forum or sharing time; Hub group meeting time; and social opportunities.
We encourage all Principals and Directors to join us when the opportunity presents, and to send any requests for content for our forum/sharing times. This could be something that you would like to hear about yourself, or an initiative, success, or epic failure that you would be willing to share with our community to help us all to learn and grow.
The PaD Executive is made up of a representative from each region in LESNW:
- BARLE – Brad Williams (Loxton Lutheran School, Loxton)
- Connected Schools – Leila Mattner (St Paul Lutheran School, Blair Athol)
- HILS – Terri Taylor (St Michael’s Lutheran Primary School, Hahndorf)
- LEAF – Angela Branford (Calvary Lutheran Primary School, Morphett Vale)
- Regional and Remote – Kaye Mathwin-Cox (Unity College, Murray Bridge)
Given our next meeting is not until our retreat in August, we would like to acknowledge the previous work of James Heyne, from St Mark’s Lutheran School in Mt Barker, as Chair of the PaD Executive. Thank you for your time, commitment and organisation from all of us, James! We welcome Terri Taylor to the PaD Executive team in 2023.
Key Calendar Dates for 2023:
- Term 1 – PaD meeting Monday 20th February
- Term 2 – Travelling Scholar Monday 5th June – to register visit https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/lpa-travelling-scholar-workshop-adelaide-tickets-535430887197
- Term 3 – PaD retreat Wednesday 2nd August (dinner) to Friday 4th August TBC
- Term 4 – PaD meeting Monday 4th December
Leila Mattner (Chair) on behalf of the PaD Executive team